41. The parable of those who take protectors other than Allah is that of the spider, who builds (to itself) a
house; but truly the flimsiest of houses is the spider's house;‐ if they but knew.
42. Verily Allah doth know of (every thing) whatever that they call upon besides Him: and He is Exalted (in
43. And such are the Parables We set forth for mankind, but only those understand them who have
44. Allah created the heavens and the earth in true (proportions): verily in that is a Sign for those who believe.
45. Recite what is sent of the Book by inspiration to thee, and establish regular Prayer: for Prayer restrains
from shameful and unjust deeds; and remembrance of Allah is the greatest (thing in life) without doubt. And
Allah knows the (deeds) that ye do.
46. And dispute ye not with the People of the Book, except with means better (than mere disputation), unless
it be with those of them who inflict wrong (and injury): but say, "We believe in the revelation which has come227
down to us and in that which came down to you; Our Allah and your Allah is one; and it is to Him we bow (in
47. And thus (it is) that We have sent down the Book to thee. So the People of the Book believe therein, as
also do some of these (pagan Arabs): and none but Unbelievers reject our signs.
48. And thou wast not (able) to recite a Book before this (Book came), nor art thou (able) to transcribe it with
thy right hand: In that case, indeed, would the talkers of vanities have doubted.
49. Nay, here are Signs self‐evident in the hearts of those endowed with knowledge: and none but the unjust
50. Ye they say: "Why are not Signs sent down to him from his Lord?" Say: "The signs are indeed with Allah.
and I am indeed a clear Warner."