21. "He punishes whom He pleases, and He grants Mercy to whom He pleases, and towards Him are ye
22. "Not on earth nor in heaven will ye be able (fleeing) to frustrate (his Plan), nor have ye, besides Allah, any
23. Those who reject the Signs of Allah and the Meeting with Him (in the Hereafter),‐ it is they who shall
despair of My Mercy: it is they who will (suffer) a most grievous Penalty.
24. So naught was the answer of (Abraham's) people except that they said: "Slay him or burn him." But Allah
did save him from the Fire. Verily in this are Signs for people who believe.
25. And he said: "For you, ye have taken (for worship) idols besides Allah, out of mutual love and regard
between yourselves in this life; but on the Day of Judgment ye shall disown each other and curse each other:
and your abode will be the Fire, and ye shall have none to help."
26. But Lut had faith in Him: He said: "I will leave home for the sake of my Lord: for He is Exalted in Might, and
27. And We gave (Abraham) Isaac and Jacob, and ordained among his progeny Prophethood and Revelation,
and We granted him his reward in this life; and he was in the Hereafter (of the company) of the Righteous.
28. And (remember) Lut: behold, he said to his people: "Ye do commit lewdness, such as no people in Creation
(ever) committed before you.
29. "Do ye indeed approach men, and cut off the highway?‐ and practise wickedness (even) in your councils?"
But his people gave no answer but this: they said: "Bring us the Wrath of Allah if thou tellest the truth."
30. He said: "O my Lord! help Thou me against people who do mischief!"