2. Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, "We believe", and that they will not be tested?
3. We did test those before them, and Allah will certainly know those who are true from those who are false.
4. Do those who practise evil think that they will get the better of Us? Evil is their judgment!
5. For those whose hopes are in the meeting with Allah (in the Hereafter, let them strive); for the term
(appointed) by Allah is surely coming and He hears and knows (all things).
6. And if any strive (with might and main), they do so for their own souls: for Allah is free of all needs from all
7. Those who believe and work righteous deeds,‐ from them shall We blot out all evil (that may be) in them,
and We shall reward them according to the best of their deeds.
8. We have enjoined on man kindness to parents: but if they (either of them) strive (to force) thee to join with
Me (in worship) anything of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not. Ye have (all) to return to me, and I
will tell you (the truth) of all that ye did.
9. And those who believe and work righteous deeds,‐ them shall We admit to the company of the Righteous.
10. Then there are among men such as say, "We believe in Allah.; but when they suffer affliction in (the cause
of) Allah, they treat men's oppression as if it were the Wrath of Allah. And if help comes (to thee) from thy
Lord, they are sure to say, "We have (always) been with you!" Does not Allah know best all that is in the hearts