71. Say: See ye? If Allah were to make the night perpetual over you to the Day of Judgment, what god is there
other than Allah, who can give you enlightenment? Will ye not then hearken?
72. Say: See ye? If Allah were to make the day perpetual over you to the Day of Judgment, what god is there
other than Allah, who can give you a night in which ye can rest? Will ye not then see?
73. It is out of His Mercy that He has made for you Night and Day,‐ that ye may rest therein, and that ye may
seek of his Grace;‐ and in order that ye may be grateful. 223
74. The Day that He will call on them, He will say: "Where are my 'partners'? whom ye imagined (to be such)?"
75. And from each people shall We draw a witness, and We shall say: "Produce your Proof": then shall they
know that the Truth is in Allah (alone), and the (lies) which they invented will leave them in lurch.
76. Qarun was doubtless, of the people of Moses; but he acted insolently towards them: such were the
treasures We had bestowed on him that their very keys would have been a burden to a body of strong men,
behold, his people said to him: "Exult not, for Allah loveth not those who exult (in riches).
77. "But seek, with the (wealth) which Allah has bestowed on thee, the Home of the Hereafter, nor forget thy
portion in this world: but do thou good, as Allah has been good to thee, and seek not (occasions for) mischief
in the land: for Allah loves not those who do mischief."
78. He said: "This has been given to me because of a certain knowledge which I have." Did he not know that
Allah had destroyed, before him, (whole) generations,‐ which were superior to him in strength and greater in
the amount (of riches) they had collected? but the wicked are not called (immediately) to account for their
79. So he went forth among his people in the (pride of his wordly) glitter. Said those whose aim is the Life of
this World: "Oh! that we had the like of what Qarun has got! for he is truly a lord of mighty good fortune!"
80. But those who had been granted (true) knowledge said: "Alas for you! The reward of Allah (in the
Hereafter) is best for those who believe and work righteousness: but this none shall attain, save those who
steadfastly persevere (in good)."