51. Now have We caused the Word to reach them themselves, in order that they may receive admonition.
52. Those to whom We sent the Book before this,‐ they do believe in this (revelation):
53. And when it is recited to them, they say: "We believe therein, for it is the Truth from our Lord: indeed we
have been Muslims (bowing to Allah.s Will) from before this.
54. Twice will they be given their reward, for that they have persevered, that they avert Evil with Good, and
that they spend (in charity) out of what We have given them.
55. And when they hear vain talk, they turn away therefrom and say: "To us our deeds, and to you yours;
peace be to you: we seek not the ignorant."
56. It is true thou wilt not be able to guide every one, whom thou lovest; but Allah guides those whom He will
and He knows best those who receive guidance.
57. They say: "If we were to follow the guidance with thee, we should be snatched away from our land." Have
We not established for them a secure sanctuary, to which are brought as tribute fruits of all kinds,‐ a provision
from Ourselves? but most of them understand not. 222
58. And how many populations We destroyed, which exulted in their life (of ease and plenty)! now those
habitations of theirs, after them, are deserted,‐ All but a (miserable) few! and We are their heirs!
59. Nor was thy Lord the one to destroy a population until He had sent to its centre an apostle, rehearsing to
them Our Signs; nor are We going to destroy a population except when its members practise iniquity.
60. The (material) things which ye are given are but the conveniences of this life and the glitter thereof; but
that which is with Allah is better and more enduring: will ye not then be wise?