41. And we made them (but) leaders inviting to the Fire; and on the Day of Judgment no help shall they find.
42. in this world We made a curse to follow them and on the Day of Judgment they will be among the loathed
43. We did reveal to Moses the Book after We had destroyed the earlier generations, (to give) Insight to men,
and guidance and Mercy, that they might receive admonition. 221
44. Thou wast not on the Western side when We decreed the Commission to Moses, nor wast thou a witness
45. But We raised up (new) generations, and long were the ages that passed over them; but thou wast not a
dweller among the people of Madyan, rehearsing Our Signs to them; but it is We Who send apostles (with
46. Nor wast thou at the side of (the Mountain of) Tur when we called (to Moses). Yet (art thou sent) as Mercy
from thy Lord, to give warning to a people to whom no warner had come before thee: in order that they may
47. If (We had) not (sent thee to the Quraish),‐ in case a calamity should seize them for (the deeds) that their
hands have sent forth, they might say: "Our Lord! why didst Thou not sent us an apostle? We should then
have followed Thy Signs and been amongst those who believe!"
48. But (now), when the Truth has come to them from Ourselves, they say, "Why are not (Signs) sent to him,
like those which were sent to Moses?" Do they not then reject (the Signs) which were formerly sent to Moses?
They say: "Two kinds of sorcery, each assisting the other!" And they say: "For us, we reject all (such things)!"
49. Say: "Then bring ye a Book from Allah, which is a better guide than either of them, that I may follow it!
(do), if ye are truthful!"
50. But if they hearken not to thee, know that they only follow their own lusts: and who is more astray than
one who follow his own lusts, devoid of guidance from Allah. for Allah guides not people given to wrong‐