2. These are Verses of the Book that makes (things) clear.
3. We rehearse to thee some of the story of Moses and Pharaoh in Truth, for people who believe.
4. Truly Pharaoh elated himself in the land and broke up its people into sections, depressing a small group
among them: their sons he slew, but he kept alive their females: for he was indeed a maker of mischief.
5. And We wished to be Gracious to those who were being depressed in the land, to make them leaders (in
Faith) and make them heirs,
6. To establish a firm place for them in the land, and to show Pharaoh, Haman, and their hosts, at their hands,
the very things against which they were taking precautions.
7. So We sent this inspiration to the mother of Moses: "Suckle (thy child), but when thou hast fears about him,
cast him into the river, but fear not nor grieve: for We shall restore him to thee, and We shall make him one of
8. Then the people of Pharaoh picked him up (from the river): (It was intended) that (Moses) should be to
them an adversary and a cause of sorrow: for Pharaoh and Haman and (all) their hosts were men of sin.
9. The wife of Pharaoh said: "(Here is) joy of the eye, for me and for thee: slay him not. It may be that he will
be use to us, or we may adopt him as a son." And they perceived not (what they were doing)!
10. But there came to be a void in the heart of the mother of Moses: She was going almost to disclose his
(case), had We not strengthened her heart (with faith), so that she might remain a (firm) believer.