51. Then see what was the end of their plot!‐ this, that We destroyed them and their people, all (of them).
52. Now such were their houses, ‐ in utter ruin, ‐ because they practised wrong‐ doing. Verily in this is a Sign
53. And We saved those who believed and practised righteousness.
54. (We also sent) Lut (as an apostle): behold, He said to his people, "Do ye do what is shameful though ye see
55. Would ye really approach men in your lusts rather than women? Nay, ye are a people (grossly) ignorant!
56. But his people gave no other answer but this: they said, "Drive out the followers of Lut from your city:
these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!"
57. But We saved him and his family, except his wife; her We destined to be of those who lagged behind.
58. And We rained down on them a shower (of brimstone): and evil was the shower on those who were
admonished (but heeded not)!
59. Say: Praise be to Allah, and Peace on his servants whom He has chosen (for his Message). (Who) is better?‐
Allah or the false gods they associate (with Him)? 216
60. Or, Who has created the heavens and the earth, and Who sends you down rain from the sky? Yea, with it
We cause to grow well‐planted orchards full of beauty of delight: it is not in your power to cause the growth of
the trees in them. (Can there be another) god besides Allah. Nay, they are a people who swerve from justice.