41. He said: "Transform her throne out of all recognition by her: let us see whether she is guided (to the truth)
or is one of those who receive no guidance."
42. So when she arrived, she was asked, "Is this thy throne?" She said, "It was just like this; and knowledge
was bestowed on us in advance of this, and we have submitted to Allah (in Islam)." 215
43. And he diverted her from the worship of others besides Allah. for she was (sprung) of a people that had no
44. She was asked to enter the lofty Palace: but when she saw it, she thought it was a lake of water, and she
(tucked up her skirts), uncovering her legs. He said: "This is but a palace paved smooth with slabs of glass." She
said: "O my Lord! I have indeed wronged my soul: I do (now) submit (in Islam), with Solomon, to the Lord of
45. We sent (aforetime), to the Thamud, their brother Salih, saying, "Serve Allah.: But behold, they became
two factions quarrelling with each other.
46. He said: "O my people! why ask ye to hasten on the evil in preference to the good? If only ye ask Allah for
forgiveness, ye may hope to receive mercy.
47. They said: "Ill omen do we augur from thee and those that are with thee". He said: "Your ill omen is with
Allah. yea, ye are a people under trial."
48. There were in the city nine men of a family, who made mischief in the land, and would not reform.
49. They said: "Swear a mutual oath by Allah that we shall make a secret night attack on him and his people,
and that we shall then say to his heir (when he seeks vengeance): 'We were not present at the slaughter of his
people, and we are positively telling the truth.'"
50. They plotted and planned, but We too planned, even while they perceived it not.