31. "'Be ye not arrogant against me, but come to me in submission (to the true Religion).'"
32. She said: "Ye chiefs! advise me in (this) my affair: no affair have I decided except in your presence."
33. They said: "We are endued with strength, and given to vehement war: but the command is with thee; so
consider what thou wilt command."
34. She said: "Kings, when they enter a country, despoil it, and make the noblest of its people its meanest thus
35. "But I am going to send him a present, and (wait) to see with what (answer) return (my) ambassadors."
36. Now when (the embassy) came to Solomon, he said: "Will ye give me abundance in wealth? But that which
Allah has given me is better than that which He has given you! Nay it is ye who rejoice in your gift!
37. "Go back to them, and be sure we shall come to them with such hosts as they will never be able to meet:
We shall expel them from there in disgrace, and they will feel humbled (indeed)."
38. He said (to his own men): "Ye chiefs! which of you can bring me her throne before they come to me in
39. Said an 'Ifrit, of the Jinns: "I will bring it to thee before thou rise from thy council: indeed I have full
strength for the purpose, and may be trusted."
40. Said one who had knowledge of the Book: "I will bring it to thee within the twinkling of an eye!" Then
when (Solomon) saw it placed firmly before him, he said: "This is by the Grace of my Lord!‐ to test me whether
I am grateful or ungrateful! and if any is grateful, truly his gratitude is (a gain) for his own soul; but if any is
ungrateful, truly my Lord is Free of all Needs, Supreme in Honour !"