11. "But if any have done wrong and have thereafter substituted good to take the place of evil, truly, I am Oft‐
Forgiving, Most Merciful.
12. "Now put thy hand into thy bosom, and it will come forth white without stain (or harm): (these are) among
the nine Signs (thou wilt take) to Pharaoh and his people: for they are a people rebellious in transgression."
13. But when Our Signs came to them, that should have opened their eyes, they said: "This is sorcery
14. And they rejected those Signs in iniquity and arrogance, though their souls were convinced thereof: so see
what was the end of those who acted corruptly!
15. We gave (in the past) knowledge to David and Solomon: And they both said: "Praise be to Allah, Who has
favoured us above many of his servants who believe!"
16. And Solomon was David's heir. He said: "O ye people! We have been taught the speech of birds, and on us
has been bestowed (a little) of all things: this is indeed Grace manifest (from Allah.)"
17. And before Solomon were marshalled his hosts,‐ of Jinns and men and birds, and they were all kept in
18. At length, when they came to a (lowly) valley of ants, one of the ants said: "O ye ants, get into your
habitations, lest Solomon and his hosts crush you (under foot) without knowing it."
19. So he smiled, amused at her speech; and he said: "O my Lord! so order me that I may be grateful for Thy
favours, which thou hast bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may work the righteousness that will
please Thee: And admit me, by Thy Grace, to the ranks of Thy righteous Servants."
20. And he took a muster of the Birds; and he said: "Why is it I see not the Hoopoe? Or is he among the