1. These are verses of the Qur'an,‐a book that makes (things) clear;
2. A guide: and glad tidings for the believers,‐
3. Those who establish regular prayers and give in regular charity, and also have (full) assurance of the
4. As to those who believe not in the Hereafter, We have made their deeds pleasing in their eyes; and so they
wander about in distraction.
5. Such are they for whom a grievous Penalty is (waiting); and in the Hereafter theirs will be the greatest loss.
6. As to thee, the Qur'an is bestowed upon thee from the presence of one who is wise and all‐knowing.
7. Behold! Moses said to his family: "I perceive a fire; soon will I bring you from there some information, or I
will bring you a burning brand to light our fuel, that ye may warn yourselves.
8. But when he came to the (fire), a voice was heard: "Blessed are those in the fire and those around: and
glory to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.
9. "O Moses! verily, I am Allah, the exalted in might, the wise!.... 213
10. "Now do thou throw thy rod!" But when he saw it moving (of its own accord)as if it had been a snake, he
turned back in retreat, and retraced not his steps: "O Moses!" (it was said), "Fear not: truly, in My presence,
those called as apostles have no fear,‐